dentalcorp, Canada's largest network of dental practices, is accepting applications for a Director, Real Estate position at our head office in Toronto.
POSITION TITLE: Director, Real Estate
REPORTING TO: VP, Corporate Development
The Director, Real Estate is a key member of the Corporate Development team and is responsible for analyzing expansion, renovations and de novo (greenfield) investment opportunities within the dentalcorp portfolio. The role will also manage and oversee the execution of these real estate projects with varying levels of complexity and have significant involvement in any de novo locations.
The candidate will also be responsible for maintaining and monitoring the lease portfolio for dentalcorp’s existing and rapidly growing network of 160 dental practices, encompassing over 350,000 square feet, working with the Legal and Corporate Development teams on renewals, extensions and other lease negotiations.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Capital Investment Analysis and Recommendation
- Project Management
- Lease Maintenance
- Establish and maintain a detailed methodology to analyze capacity utilization and facilities improvement to drive organic growth through capital investment.
- Work with VP Corporate Development to create standard operating procedures for the analysis, development and execution of de novo opportunities.
- In collaboration with various departments establish and manage annual capital budget for repairs and maintenance.
- Assist in forecasting and determining returns on investment for capital projects.
- Asses all Practices based on established standards including equipment, building exterior, interior finishes, etc. and develop recommendations for improvements.
- Manage practice level capital projects, equipment replacement, minor retrofit and enhancement, and other initiatives to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Overall project management to ensure execution of initiatives as required, initiatives may include major or minor renovations.
- Five plus years in a similar role in asset management and/or managing real estate expansions, development and renovations.
- Experience in healthcare, restaurant and/or retail industry.
- Excellent time-management and administration skills with a high-level of attention to detail.
- Professional demeanour and outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and balance multiple demands and priorities.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.