dentalcorp, Canada's largest network of dental practices, is accepting applications for a Senior Accountant position at our head office in Toronto.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Accountant
REPORTING TO: Corporate Controller
The Senior Accountant is responsible for providing accurate and timely financial reporting and controls for an assigned group of multi-unit dental practices. You will assist Practice Partners and Management in business decision making by providing sound accounting and financial analytics.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Month end financial statements
- Prepare dental practice's P&L and provide commentary on budget variances.
- Timely and accurate preparation of dental practice reconciliations including bank, accounts receivable & sales
- Prepare monthly journals and assist in the control of the business' accounting records
- Prepare timely and accurate weekly and monthly reports, ensuring accuracy and integrity of all data
- Assist Senior Leadership and Operations Team through preparation of reports and documents for pre settlement visits
- Liaise directly with Dental Practice Managers and answering general finance and accounting queries
- Proactively contribute to a collaborative and supportive partnership with other disciplines including Operations, Talent and Marketing
- Ensure timely and effective response to all practice queries as per Dental Corporations Service response level
- Adopt a proactive role in continuous process improvement and consistent improvement of the business system
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary education
- 5+years of progressive accounting and financial analysis experience
- Experience in multi-unit or multi-location accounting
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel abilities
- Attention to detail, high level of professionalism
- Outstanding relationship building and people skills
- Experience in a fast growing, highly entrepreneurial business would be an asset
- Experience with a multi-unit or multi-location would be an asset
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.