dentalcorp, Canada's largest network of dental practices, is accepting applications for a Director, Sedation & Clinical Protocols.
Director, Sedation & Clinical Protocols
REPORTING TO: General Counsel, Corporate Secretary & Chief Compliance Officer
dentalcorp is focused on acquiring and partnering with leading, growth-oriented general and specialist dental practices across Canada. Our unique value proposition allows our Partners to retain their clinical and operating autonomy while we, as their business partner, provide comprehensive strategic expertise and tactical resources to support their growth. This enables our Partners to focus their energy on delivering optimal patient care.
The Director, Sedation & Clinical Protocols will work with our network of dental practices to identify risks, and develop and implement clinical and operational best practices, protocols and controls to ensure the highest level of patient safety and care.
- Monitor and keep informed of clinical regulations and best practices across Canada and in dentistry generally, including in sedation and clinical safety protocols
- Gather and maintain up-to-date information regarding practice network sedation offerings and clinical protocols across Canada
- Develop and implement best practices and controls to proactively mitigate risks and ensure the highest level of patient safety and care
- Conduct practice audits to support proactive identification of risks and process gaps
- Develop and disseminate support materials and training programs for practice network
- Provide subject matter expertise to practice network in regulatory requirements and best practices, including sedation and clinical protocols
- Partner with Director, Regulatory Compliance on various regulatory and compliance initiatives
- Extensive travel across Canada required
- 5-7+ years experience in health care, with expert knowledge in areas of sedation, clinical protocols, and regulatory requirements
- Current or previous experience as a health care professional, with expert knowledge of regulations and requirements in Canada is strongly preferred
- Experience in a clinical setting where sedation services are offered (i.e. dental practice, medical clinic, hospital, etc.)
- Experience conducting practice-level audits, developing and implementing actions plans in response to findings
- Ability to identify trends across a network, and develop and implement best practices, and controls to mitigate and respond risk
- Strong relationship management, and influencing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and prioritize effectively
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.