dentalcorp, Canada's largest network of dental practices, is accepting applications for a Law Clerk.
POSITION: Law Clerk
REPORTING TO: General Counsel
The Corporate Law Clerk will be an integral addition to the Legal Department at dentalcorp; contributing to the achievement of key business priorities by providing strategic proactive and reactive support to the business. The role will primary consist of legal related work in acquisitions and the transaction activity which surrounds them. The Law Clerk will work closely with all functional areas in the company to identify and assume responsibility for projects and processes in need of legal input.
- Preparing closing agendas, ancillary documents and authorizing resolutions, and generally facilitating the organization of transactions;
- Conducting and summarizing searches and other transaction diligence, including preparing and pursuing no interest letters or discharge undertakings;
- Working with Corporate Development team or other departments on transaction related matters, including supporting acquisition activity, including overseeing post-closing integration, legal and compliance matters;
- Working with external counsel as required;
- Supporting with corporate subsistence, including minute book maintenance, managing permit and registration renewals and liaising with external agents and governmental bodies;
- Developing and revising contract and other legal templates;
- Coordinating with the practice community to ensure that business activity adhere to dentalcorp’s compliance program; and
- Working within the Legal Department with the General Counsel and with the business on a wide range of legal and business projects and process improvements.
- Highly motivated and demonstrated abilities to work in a fast-paced environment, meet stringent timelines, prioritize work relative to business context, handle multiple demands simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Law Clerk is required.
- Completion of Canadian Law Clerk accredited program is preferred.
- Background in mergers and acquisitions of private companies required, ideally with some financing experience.
- Ability to drive process improvements and manage projects.
- Proven ability to work autonomously with excellent judgment and analytical skills.
We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.