Who You Are
You are a service-oriented individual who is excited to be a part of a fast-growing organization that enables the best to be even better. You have strong Financial Reporting experience and are looking for the opportunity to provide your expertise to drive change within an exciting industry. You love working in a collaborative team environment, but also enjoy your autonomy to accomplish tasks and provide excellent service to our Partners and their teams. As an individual who is driven by excellence, you are eager to contribute the success of one of Canada’s Best Managed companies.
This is a hybrid role located at dentalcorp’s Toronto Support Centre and you will be responsible for providing support on all areas within the finance department. As the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting you will serve as a technical accounting resource for dentalcorp, overseeing the preparation of external financial statements, MD&A and annual information form disclosures as well as supporting the preparation and deployment of accounting policies and technical accounting assistance. This position will report to the Vice President, Financial Reporting and Accounting Policy.
The Senior Manager, Financial Reporting has a strong knowledge of IFRS and, ideally, US GAAP—and has a demonstrated record in working with complex accounting issues (e.g. IFRS 2, IFRS 3, IFRS 9 and IFRS 16) and developing an understanding of new accounting guidance in order to establish appropriate accounting policies. They work with dentalcorp’s external auditors and advisors to ensure organizational compliance and identify and explain emerging trends that impact regulatory reporting requirements. Complexity is a favoured terrain for the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting, and they support the evolution of dentalcorp’s financial environment as the organization undergoes dynamic change.
In this role, you will
- Assist the team in the preparation of dentalcorp’s external financial statements and MD&A in accordance with IFRS (and prospectively U.S. GAAP, if required). Assistance also with the preparation of the annual information form and management information circular.
- Research and implement new accounting standards under IFRS (and prospectively U.S. GAAP) and other public company related regulations across the organization. Prepare various technical position papers to address the application of accounting standards to dentalcorp. Communicate new pronouncements and interpretations, develop dentalcorp positions for application, and develop materials for training of key internal stakeholders.
- Provide assistance to finance team members with executing on the requirements of IFRS, including IFRS 2, Share-based payments, IFRS 3, Business Combinations, IFRS 9, Financial Instruments and IFRS 16 Leases (and prospectively, their U.S equivalents).
- Actively participate in both formal and informal reviews with business units, various corporate functions, and other key members of the finance team to ensure financial transactions and financial statement disclosures are complete and accurate.
- Assist with management for the external audit process—prepare audited financial statements, note disclosures, resolve audit queries, and monitor overall status. Ensure auditor agreement with dentalcorp decisions on accounting disclosures and issues.
- Support the Vice President, Financial Reporting and Accounting Policy with day-to-day activities as required.
What we’re looking for
- University degree in accounting/commerce.
- Professional accounting designation.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in either Big-4 public practice accounting or a combination of Big-4 and publicly traded organization environments.
- Experience working as an Experienced Manager or Senior Manager of Financial Reporting in a retail or healthcare environment an asset. US experience or work history in dual-listed organizations an asset.
- Strong knowledge and experience with preparing financial statements and management discussion and analysis (MD&A) regulatory filings and calculation of industry-appropriate financial and operational metrics.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in the research of new accounting pronouncements and their impact to the organization.
- IFRS knowledge, including IFRS 2, IFRS 3, IFRS 9 and IFRS 16 reporting standards.
- Experience with financial statement CDM software an asset.
- ERP experience with NetSuite and Workday an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
dentalcorp is Canada’s largest and fastest growing network of dental practices, committed to advancing the overall well-being of Canadians by delivering the best clinical outcomes and unforgettable experiences. dentalcorp acquires leading dental practices, uniting its network in a common goal: to be Canada’s most trusted healthcare network. Leveraging its industry-leading technology, know-how and scale, dentalcorp offers professionals the unique opportunity to retain their clinical autonomy while unlocking their potential for future growth.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. At dentalcorp, we recognize that inclusivity and diversity strengthen our culture and make us better. We are committed to ensuring that the talent we hire is reflective of the diverse communities and patients we serve. To ensure equal opportunity for all candidates, we strongly encourage applicants requiring an accommodation to let their recruiter know during the recruitment/selection process. We appreciate all applicants for taking the time to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.